BSEB chairman Anand Kishor
PATNA: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has decided to conduct intermediate compartmental examinations from July 3 to 13.
The BSEB will open its online form submission process for compartmental examinations on June 8. The last date for submission of forms is June 14.
The compartmental examinations hold significance as a large number of students failed in the main examinations. The intermediate examinations results declared on May 30 showed that only 35.25 per cent of 12.61 lakh students failed to cross the pass barriers.
BSEB chairman Anand Kishor said here on Tuesday that the students who had failed in the two subjects could appear in the compartmental examinations.
He said BSEB had extended its compartmental examination facility to two subjects from this year keeping in view the large number of students who failed in the main examinations.
Earlier, the BSEB had restricted the facility to one subject last year.
He said the results of the compartmental examinations would be declared by the end of July.
He said BSEB would not mention the name compartmental examination in the result cards for the benefit of the stuadents.
He said the leftover students of the main examinations, who had problems in their admit cards, could also appear in the compartmental examinations in full five subjects.
“For them it will be supplementary examinations”, he said.
It is expected that about 10000 students may appear in the supplementary examinations.
In another major decision, the BSEB has reduced the application fee for scrutiny from Rs 120 per subject to Rs 70 per subject.
It may be mentioned here that for the last one week failed students of the intermediate examinations have been staging demonstration in the state capital and other parts of the state demanding re-evaluation of the answer books at free of cost.
The BSEB has already made it clear that only scrutiny of the answer books will be carried out and no re-evaluation will be done.
Kishor said those who have already submitted Rs 120 per paper fee would get the excess amount back soon.
He said scrutiny work would begin on June 9 and in the first phase BSEB would take up the cases of the failed students who have cracked the IIT-JEE, NEET and other competitive examinations for pursuing higher education.
“We will try to declare their results by June 17”, he said.
He, however, said the scrutiny results would be announced by June 30.
He said he along with education secretary would hold a videoconferencing with the district magistrates and district education officers to streamline the scrutiny process on Wednesday at 1pm.
Regarding the vexed issue of home centre for practical examination, he said the BSEB had set up a three-member committee to study the issue. The committee consisting of BSEB secretary, vigilance officer and academic director would give its recommendations within two weeks, he added.
About the allegations that about one lakh data of the students was hacked, BSEB chairman said the Board had been maintaining its secrecy in its data. “Our data is not online, so the question of hacking does not arise”, he said.
He said the BSEB had prepared 20 de-duplication softwares to counter attempt of hacking in future.
He said the BSEB had been working to digitize all the mark sheets, certificates of the students from 1986 to 2005. The board had already done it for the students of high school and intermediate from 2006 to 2016, he added.